Assignment 1: Personal Journal Entry 2
Each member of a group contributes to the group’s dynamic even if the member is silent. As a clinical social worker, it is important to understand the dynamics you bring to a group and the role you tend to assume in a group setting. Every individual has his or her own way of interacting. Knowing your own personal style and the role you tend to choose will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses when working within a group.
· Write an entry in your Personal Journal describing the dynamics of your Wiki Group.
· Reflect on your participation in the dynamics.
· What role have you assumed in the group?
· Have you used any empowerment strategies in moving the group forward? If not, what strategy could you implement?
Submit your Journal Entry (1 pages).
For this assignment, you are expected to meet with your Field Instructor, discuss the organization’s funding sources and later, research current state and federal policies that impact the agency’s funding.
Submit a 1 page paper in which you:
1. Identify the agencies (military mental health clinic) funding sources (Department of Defense).
2. Identify state (Idaho) and federal policies that impact the agency’s funding.
3. Explain in specific detail, the impact of the policies identified and how they impact the military mental health clinic funding.
4. Discuss potential threats to the military mental health clinic funding as a result of the current policies.
References (use 2 or more)
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.