A cost-benefit analysis (CBA) compares anticipated financial benefits against the proposed project’s costs to implement and sustain the project’s changes. Differences between the two identifies financial return on investment (ROI). The student will conduct a cost/benefit analysis on the proposed Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) project and write a scholarly paper that explains the CBA and anticipated ROI.
Develop a scholarly paper that addresses the following criteria:
1. Provide a brief overview of the proposed DNP project.
2. Determine the direct and indirect costs for the implementation of the proposed DNP project.
3. Identify all the financial benefits that will be gained as a result of the project.
4. Compare and contrast all findings using an Excel worksheet (performing the cost benefits analysis).
o Attach the Excel worksheet as an Appendix that reflects/illustrates the CBA breakdown of costs and benefits.
o Use supporting evidence from literature, organizations, and/or expert opinions for estimated costs/benefits numbers.
5. Summarize the CBA and ROI findings.
6. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 3 to 4 pages excluding the title and reference page.
7. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
8. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
9. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify: I, we, you, me, our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used.
10. Include a minimum of five (5) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).