choose a “deviant” or criminal person to focus on
They may be fiction or nonfiction as long as you can provide a relevant, quality source of information about them.
- Briefly summarize your Criminal Mind and explain why they are deviant.
- Describe the transgressed norm(s), and state whether it is a formal or informal norm.
- Did any sanction(s) occur, and what type?
CONNECT: Using theories from Weeks 3 and 4 or reading 7.2…
- Choose and define 2 theories that best apply to your scenario.
- Analyze and explain how they connect to your Criminal Mind.
- For top marks, consider strengths/weaknesses: what does your theory ignore?
REFLECT: Now, include your own perspectives on this Criminal Mind…
- Did you have to confront any biases or judgments about this person or act?
- Explain one way your example connects to your life, community, or a current event
- Describe how your idea of deviance has grown from Week 1 until now.