Coding Paper Assignment Instructions
The importance of accurate coding cannot be overemphasized. A strong work ethic is crucial for accurate coding. The consequences of inaccurate coding can be severe and cost a great deal more than lost revenue. Inaccurate coding can lead to delays in care, misappropriation of resources, and charges for fraud.
The must be a research-based paper and address the impact of improper coding on patients, healthcare providers, and public health information. Finally, the paper must discuss how having a Biblical worldview influences professional work ethic. Items to include are outlined as follows:
- Length of assignment: 4 – 5 pages.
- Title page and reference page must be included, but these do not count toward overall page requirement.
- No abstract is required. If included, it does not count toward overall page requirement.
- Submit as a Word document written in APA format.
- 3 scholarly sources cited in APA format are required.
- Acceptable sources include articles published in professional journals, the textbook, the Bible, etc.
- Biblical integration with scriptural support is required.
- Use the following section headings:
- Impact of Improper Coding on Patients
- Impact of Improper Coding on Healthcare Providers
- Impact of Improper Coding on Public Health Information
- Impact of Biblical Worldview on Professional Work Ethic
See the Coding Paper Grading Rubric for more information.
Note: This assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.