Mental health and the Covid-19 Pandemic
a. Select a scholarly nursing or research article, published within the last five years, related to mental health nursing. The content of the article must relate to evidence-based practice.
• You may need to evaluate several articles to find one that is appropriate.
b. Ensure that no other member of your clinical group chooses the same article, then submit your choice for faculty.
c. The submitted assignment should be 2-3 pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages.
2) Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric must match exactly).
a. Introduction (10 points/10%)
• Establishes purpose of the paper
• Captures attention of the reader
b. Article Summary (30 points/30%)
• Statistics to support significance of the topic to mental health care
• Key points of the article
• Key evidence presented
• Examples of how the evidence can be incorporated into your nursing practice
c. Article Critique (30 points/30%)
• Present strengths of the article
• Present weaknesses of the article
• Discuss if you would/would not recommend this article to a colleague
d. Conclusion (15 points/15%)
• Provides analysis or synthesis of information within the body of the text
• Supported by ides presented in the body of the paper
• Is clearly written
e. Article Selection and Approval (5 points/5%)
• Current (published in last 5 years)
• Relevant to mental health care
• Not used by another student within the clinical group
• Submitted and approved as directed by instructor
f. APA format and Writing Mechanics (10 points/10%)
• Correct use of standard English grammar and sentence structure
• No spelling or typographical errors
• Document includes title and reference pages
• Citations in the text and reference page
Please see the attachment for the scholarly article you will be referencing and citing in addition to other references you use.
Also, the link to the article is pasted here https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmp2008017