Qualitative research proposals.
Qualitative research proposals.
This is the second of the four assignments that will help you prepare for writing qualitative research proposals. For this assignment, you will write a paper about research theory that supports the research topic you developed in the Week 4 assignment.
In this assignment, you will use research theory to demonstrate how the proposed study:
- Provides intended outcomes that could have practical implications that could be used by the stakeholders of the research.
- Contributes to the qualitative research knowledge base.
- Addresses something that is not known, something that is new or diﬀerent from prior research, extends prior research, or ﬁlls a gap in the existing literature.
- An analysis of any theoretical implications that the proposed study may have for understanding phenomena.
- A description of the practical implications that may result from the research.
- ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPERS
Write a paper that reflects the research theory that supports the research topic and qualitative research for a proposed study. Use the Week 6 Assignment Template [DOCX] to structure your paper. In your paper:
- Describe the key elements of a theory for qualitative research (one paragraph).
- Explain how the theory supports the proposed study and/or understanding of the research topic (1–2 paragraphs).
- Describe how the practical implications resulting from the research could be used by stakeholders of the research (1–2 paragraphs).
- Support your assignment with appropriate academic sources and include both citations and references in current APA format. Use 5–7 scholarly resources published with the past three years by recognized academic sources.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length of paper: Meets the structure provided in the assignment instructions.
- Resources: 5–7 scholarly resources. Include a reference page at the end of the paper.
- APA guidelines: Double-spaced paragraph formatting in the body of the paper. When appropriate, use APA-formatted headings. Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and format. See Evidence and APA for more information on APA style and format.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Your Work will be evaluated using this criteria.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate the characteristics, purposes, benefits, strengths, and weaknesses of qualitative research methods.
- Present key elements of a theory for qualitative research.
- Competency 3: Assess the scientific merit of research.
- Evaluate the specific, practical implications that may result from a research study that can be used by any of the following stakeholders: the population being studied, professionals for whom this topic pertains, and/or the wider community itself.
- State how the proposed study would contribute to the qualitative research knowledge base.
- Competency 4: Describe methods for data collection and analysis.
- Develop a rationale on how theory supports the proposed research.
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations for members in the identified field of study.
- Convey purpose in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.