Research Methods Literature Review.
NB* Assignment is attached
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the qualitative and quantitative research designs encountered so far in this course.
For your literature review, you will select one design from each of the following categories.
|Category||Non-experimental||Quantitative experimental||Qualitative||Mixed methods|
|Designs||DescriptiveArchivalObservationalCorrelationalSurvey research||Pretest-posttest control groupPosttest-only control groupSolomon four-group||EthnographyPhenomenologyGrounded theoryNarrativeParticipatory action research (PAR)||ExplanatoryExploratoryTriangulationParallel|
Visit the Research Methods research guide in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and search the databases for a minimum of one peer-reviewed journal article published within the last 10 years about each of the research designs you selected. The articles must not be research studies using the designs. Instead, they must be about how to conduct a study using the design. Examples of acceptable articles for this assignment are listed at the Suggested Articles tab in the Research Methods research guide.
In your paper, briefly outline the topic you selected for your Final Research Proposal in Week One and apply the scientific method by suggesting both a specific research question and a hypothesis for the topic. Evaluate your chosen peer-reviewed articles summarizing each and explaining how the research design described could be useful for designing original research on your topic. Compare and contrast the paradigms or worldviews inherent in the methodology associated with each research design. Apply professional standards and situate yourself as a researcher by identifying which of these approaches best fits with your worldview.
The Research Methods Literature Review
· Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center
· (Links to an external site.)
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper
· Student’s name
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Date submitted
· Must use at least four peer-reviewed sources published within the last 10 years.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
· Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.