The concept of marriage
This assignment will help you gain a better understanding of the institution of marriage and its significance today. Marriage is something that every society has. As you are learning, marriage has its advantages and also its challenges. The concept of marriage continually changes as our society changes.
Your paper will need to cover what you have learned about marriage in the 21st century. Please discuss:
1. How marriage rates have changed.
2. The difficulties associated with transitioning into married life.
3. The challenges of marriage in our society today.
4. The privileges/benefits of marriage.
5. How choices have changed when it comes to the type of marriages that couples might enter into.
6. How changes in the ethnic makeup of our society has affected marriages (i.e. interracial, interfaith marriages)
7. Challenges and privileges you have experienced/or anticipate in the future in reference to your marriage. If you are not married you can discuss the marriage of your parents or others close to you. Please do not share any information that you feel is too personal.
8. Anything else that you have learned from this assignment.
Your paper should be written in APA format with factual information to support your thoughts and ideas. You need at least a 4-page paper. This does not include your title page or your reference page. The rubric (below) is what I’ll use to grade your project:
|Possible points||Student points and instructor feedback|
|The writer covers the topic of marriage rates and its changes||10|
|A discussion of the challenges, choices, privileges/benefits, and affect of ethnic makeup is discussed||30|
|A thoughtful and engaging discussion of the writer’s personal insight when it comes to marriage is included.||30|
|Writing Structure is clear and follows spelling, grammar and punctuation rules. Writerconnects ideas and concepts in interesting ways. An introduction and summary is included||20|
|References are included and follow APA 6th ed. formatting style.||10|